Google Analytics is a free web analytics tool which tracks and reports traffic of your website. This freemium service is a great tool for a search engine optimization (SEO) campaign as well. Furthermore, Google Analytics also helps you to track the performance of your keywords for successful results. If you are going for monetization, you must use this tool.
You can also track how much traffic keywords is bringing to your website. They even track the sources. It is very simple to use and completely free of charge. Just sign up and let the google do their things. You have nothing to lose. Before we learn How to Remove a Site from Google Analytics, let’s discuss some benefits of using it.
Google Analytics Advantages
- It is completely FREE!! Surprisingly, it offers more tracking information than other premium tools.
- Ecommerce Tracking. With this tool, you can know where your valuable clients are coming from using Google Analytics tool. Google has this new feature where you can now switch your every report to an e-commerce version. And of course, it is free. If your website doesn’t contain any purchasing items, don’t use it.
- Get a Real Time Statistics. You can track the real-time statistics on an hourly basis. You can even track daily, monthly, and yearly statistics from your admin panel.
- Advertising and Campaign Performance. As GA is a great tool for SEO Campaign, it is also highly effective on advertising reports and re-marketing purposes. Google Analytics help users to follow specific performance hurdles and trends for both mobile as well as Computer Ads.
- You can Track Audience Characteristics and Behavior. This one is one of the most important features that google has developed. You can track Browsers report, social media conversions reports, web and social data, and traffic sources as well.
As Google frequently updates its features from time to time, Analytics tool is getting better and better every day. Ok, now let’s go to our tutorial part.
Remove a site from Google Analytics
There comes a time when sometimes you need to replace your existing website with another one on Google Analytics. Also, sometimes this tool gets crashed with a sudden surprise and they no longer shows your web statistics. Because of this, you may have to delete your site from google analytics and re-submit for info for a better good.
These few simple tricks will remove your site from google analytics. Just follow them precisely.
Step 1: Login to your Google Analytic Profile and Go to the Admin Tab.
Go to https://analytics.google.com/analytics/web/ and log in with your Google Account. On the very last menu, you will see ADMIN TAB. Click on it.
Step 2: Delete Property
In the middle of three sections, you will see PROPERTY section. Select your property, Click on Property Setting, and on the right side, you will find Move to Trash Can button. Click it and confirm the delete Property.
Now, All Done.
Deleting a property will remove the selected property only not an entire account. i.e. if you select specific website, it will remove that property only.
I wrote this article hoping to help someone in the future who wouldn’t have to struggle hours to figure out this little steps. Don’t hesitate to comment below if you encounter any problem. If this article helped you in any way, don’t forget to share.